Are you looking for the Best Semi Automatic Washing machine in India? If yes then you have landed in right place. Here you will find the list of the best semi-automatic washing machines with their specification, features, pros, and cons.
Semi-automatic top-loading washers will make laundry time much more convenient for people who have limited space or are unable to afford a fully automatic washing machine. In addition, people who switch from manual washing to machine washing find these machines helpful.
Despite the incredibly affordable prices of these super convenient semi automatic washing machines, we can’t deny the fact that the fully automatic top load and front load washing machines continues to rule the Indian market in 2021.
Hence, inside this article, we shall try to compile a top 7 list of best semi-automatic top load washing machines that you can buy online in India and may be delivered to your doorstep.
Best Semi Automatic Washing Machines in India
1. Intex 6.2 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine - WMS62TL
If you’ve been searching for a washing machine that’s easy to use, yet powerful enough to handle all of your family’s laundry needs, you are in for a treat. Intex 6.2 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine is an affordable yet powerful washing machine that is both easy and user-friendly to operate.
- The capacity of 6.2kg ideal for small-sized family
- 2 years warranty on the product
- Comes with a Transparent lid
- A spin timer to control air dry
- 2 Separate Wash Programs for different fabric types
This Intex washing machine comes with a 2 wash program to wash delicates and normal clothes which in my opinion is not enough for all kinds of dirty clothes.
Talking about the capacity, this machine is ideal for small families with a capacity of 6.2kg but in case if your family size is bigger, then opt for machines with capacities ranging from 8 kg to 10 kg or even more.
The lint filter inside the machine's tub removes allergens and lint from your clothing by capturing them in the filter at the time of washing.
Washing has never been easier, thanks to smart water level selector mode and mild heating capacity which will give you the best washing experience.
A water inlet connected to a water source allows you to fill the tub with water automatically. If you don't have a water connection at home, you can fill the tub manually with a bucket.
The Smart Water level selection function is not automatic. You can fill the washtub with water only up to the net level. The water level can be reduced to 30 Litres minimum and increased to 70 Litres maximum.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Available online at a really affordable price
- Truly Energy Efficient
- Innovative Impeller provides the excellent washing performance
- ABS control panel and Rustproof plastic body for durability.
- Buzzer facility notifies when wash cycle ends
- Inlet and outlet water pipes are very fragile
2. Whirlpool 7 Kg 5 Star Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
"Why should we buy Whirlpool 7 Kg 5 Star Semi-Automatic Washing Machine?" is a question that is in the mind of most of us. So, in order to answer this question, we have to take a look at its pros and cons. Whirlpool 7 Kg 5 Star Semi-Automatic Washing Machine comes with a wash capacity of 7-Kg that allows you to wash large loads easily. It has a Spin Speed of 1200 rpm, which makes your washing job easier and faster. It also has a 4-star rating which means it can wash clothes really well.
- The capacity of 7 kg is ideal for small families
- With the four castor wheels, the machine is easily transported by gliding it around.
- Auto-restart feature helps during powercuts
- Super Soak Technology and multiple wash cycles are the key features of this whirlpool washing machine model
A whirlpool semi-automatic washing machine has a control panel that is water and shock-resistant. The four buttons on the control panel are for choosing how long the cycle will last, what will be the wash program, when to drain the washed dirty water and how to dry the already washed clothes.
In addition, the smart scrub station provides an excellent method of scrubbing collars and cuffs. As the collars, cuffs, and more are washed with this multipurpose tray, the excess water and detergents are allowed to flow back into the washtub thus creating a streamlined cleaning process.
With a faster spin speed of 1400 rpm, this Whirlpool SUPERB ATOM 7.0 washing machine can dry your clothes in a faster time than a standard washing machine thus speeds up the drying time of clothes. With this washer, you'll have a multi-utility tray for carrying your clothes and sorting them.
Autorestart is a great feature of this washing machine. If the power goes out in the middle of a cycle, this machine remembers where it left off and resumes the wash cycle from the very position when the power comes back.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- With Ace Wash Station, you can heap and sort clothes before they are washed.
- Water Proof Control Panel
- The high-performance 340W motor will give your heavy clothes a thorough clean.
- End of cycle buzzer function
- The outer body is made up of strong ABS plastic
- The drain pipe is a bit short
3. Samsung 6.5 kg Semi-Automatic 5 Star Top Loading Washing Machine (WT667QPNDPGXTL
Among the myriad washing machines available in the market today, one stands out for its sleek, streamlined design and long-lasting performance: the Samsung 6.5 kg Semi-Automatic 5 Star Top Loading Washing Machine. With its sleek, streamlined design and smart features, the Samsung 6.5 kg Semi-Automatic 5 Star Top Loading Washing Machine is the ideal choice for busy families who want a machine that looks as good as it works.
- The capacity of 6.5kg for bachelors, couples and small family
- 5 Star BEE ratings offer great energy efficiency
- The built-in buzzer that lets you know when the wash cycle ends
- Double Storm Technology
- Robust plastic body
The machine incorporates the separate washer and dryer units. The washing machine uses only a limited amount of water compared to a conventional model. It saves our planet by reducing the amount of water and electricity consumption.
The air turbo drying system in Samsung's semi-automatic washing machine is a high powered turbo program which, when activated, helps to dry clothes faster by extracting the extra water efficaciously
This Samsung appliance is designed to be extremely flexible, with a rust-proof body. This enables this machine to be very durable in all conditions.
The Double Storm system creates powerful water waves that wash clothes. This constant motion and rubbing provide a deep cleaning thus leave clothes cleaner than the standard method of doing laundry. The clothes are then gently spun, and the cycle ends with a final tumble to remove any excess water and leave your clothes fresh, clean, and ready to wear.
The machine uses separate washer and dryer units. The washing machine uses only a small water supply when compared to the conventional model. It saves our planet by reducing an enormous amount of water and electricity consumption.
Lint and fluff from the clothes are removed during laundry washing. However, most of us do not realize that these small particles from our clothes are actually harmful to our health. These particles lead to asthma attacks in young children and allergies in adults.
The Magic Filter in Samsung Washing Machine effectively gathers the lint, fluff and particles that come out of your clothes. It prevents them from entering water and puts them into a storage compartment so you can remove it later on easily.
The EZ Wash Tray, a smart feature with the built-in scrub board that allows you to scrub off the stubborn dirt before hand washing the clothes, makes laundry day a snap.
A convenient add-on to your washing machine, the Samsung’s Turbo Drying system is revolutionizing how you wash and dry your clothes. It features an advanced Air Turbo drum rotation system that provides 50 percent faster drying compared to conventional machines.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- A lightweight design with wheels makes it easy to move.
- Good Quality washing
- No such Noise and Vibration
- 5 star Energy ratings ensure low power consumption
- No anti-rat panels on this model to keep rats and other small animals out.
- Only normal and heavy wash modes are available.
4. Whirlpool 10.5 kg 5 Star Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine - ACE XL 10.5
If you have enough large washing-load, then this 10.5 kg Whirlpool is a must-buy for you. The model has a stylish design that is sure to look great in any home. It also offers a variety of features, such as 3D lint filter and hard water wash, for the consumer's convenience.
- This machine has a capacity of 10.5 Kg, making it more than enough for small and medium families in India.
- Unique 3D lint filter collects lint more effectively
- It offers 5 wash programs/ washing modes for a customized wash for a different type of fabric.
- The hard water wash feature uses hard water treatment technology to offer the best washing results in hard water
- Whirlpool provides 5-year motor warranty
This Whirlpool semi-automatic washing machine is equipped with a hard water wash program which will help you clean your clothes better when the water is hard.
The advanced washing process creates a powerful and consistent motion when the drum rotates at high speed. This revolves around the 3D turbo impeller and 3D scrub pads, side to side along with the center agitator, giving clothes a 360 degrees thorough wash and removes all kinds of tough dirt from clothes.
The unique 3D Lint Filter, which features a triple-layered filtered system, offers superior lint and fluff collection efficiency than its rival washing machines
Many satisfied customers stated that this is the best washing machine to wash
The huge wash drum is the most desirable feature in a washing machine which allows smooth movement of clothes. It has a normal spin speed which prevents it from stretching clothes while spinning.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- The powerful motor produces an efficient cleaning.
- Great color and great design
- Huge capacity adds to its merits
- Water consumption is considerably less
- It dries super-fast
- A longer drain hose and water inlet hose would have been nice
- It's power cable is short
5. White Westinghouse (Trademark By Electrolux) 7 Kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine - CSW7000
This 7 kg semi-automatic top loading washing machine from Westinghouse trusted by Electrolux comes with a host of features and options to give you the finest washing experience.
- The capacity of 7 kg which is ideal for bachelors and small families
- The lint filter effectively removes lint from clothes
- A waterproof control panel and a shock-proof body made the device rugged.
- Comes with an exclusive inbuilt scrubber
The White Westinghouse - CSW7000 features an ABS inner body, plus a heavy duty motor that ensures faster cleaning. The machine is completely water proof with a rustproof exterior that prevents the body from corrosion. It has a smooth loading design to make the washing process easier and does not need any sort of installation process, making it easy to use and easy to clean.
This multipurpose bucket is the perfect combination of efficiency and utility. It comes equipped with a inbuilt collar scrubber to take care of all types of stains, and it can be used to store detergents as well.
The power-packed dryer operate at a spin speed of 1400 revolutions per minute, giving you plenty of muscle to get your clothes dry!
With its latest exclusive 360 Smart Wash technology, the White Westinghouse’s 5-fin Jumbo Pulsator removes stubborn stains without shrinking or wrinkling. It keeps clothes looking soft and beautiful after every wash.
The brand understands how important it is that everything works at your convenience. It comes with a 2-year warranty on product as well as a 2 years warranty on motor.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- 5 Star BEE ratings means it consumes less energy
- Offers excellent spin speed of 14000 rpm
- 360 smart wash technology ensure excellent cleaning
- The drain hose and water inlet pipes are short
6. LG 7 Kg 4 Star Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine - P7010RRAY
Why go with anything but the best? Indulge your love of good living by choosing the LG 7 kg 4 Star Semi Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine P7010RRAY. The special features like the Air Dry system to dry clothes faster, the Collar Scrubber technology to soften collars and cuffs and built-in rat killing abilities – your clothes are safe with this washer.
- Capacity: 7Kg
- There are 3 wash programs: Normal, Gentle, and Strong
- Rat Away Technology keeps the rats away
- Offers higher spin speed of 1350 rpm for better drying of clothes
- LG offers 5-years of warranty on motor
The Roller Jet Pulsator is the most important part of the product that manages the overall washing quality. The specially designed pulsator rotates at a faster rate than any other rotating component, therefore it creates more friction inside the washtub which provides effective washing..
Now let's take a look at LG's new Rat Away feature. With this new feature, you can repel rats from washing machines which makes them less vulnerable to rat damage.
Those who had the experience of soap residue on their clothes can benefit from the next feature. This feature is called the Spin Shower feature and it removes unwanted soap residues from the clothes during the spin cycle, making it one of the most important features
You will no longer have to ask yourself how to remove dirt from collars. With the Collar Scrubber, you will be able to wash your cuffs and collars perfectly. This enables you to have the perfect washing experience.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Rat away technology keeps rats at bay
- Excellent dryer capacity
- Excellent wash quality
- Low water and energy consumption
- 7Kg capacity is suitable for large Indian families
- Buzzer feature is not available
7. LG 7.5 Kg 5 Star Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine - P7535SBMZ
This LG Semi Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine is ideal for small families. With 5 star energy efficiency, it can save your electricity bill to a great extent. You can enjoy a clean wash with every wash using Roller Jet Pulsator technology which gives you the flexibility of choosing which wash cycle to use every time you do laundry.
- It has a load capacity of 7.5 Kg making it ideal for medium-sized families
- High spin speed of 1350 rpm
- 3 Wash Programs: Gentle, Normal, Strong & Soak
- Rat away Technology keeps the rats away from the washing machine
- Anti Vibration Rubber to reduce the vibration during the wash cycle
You don't want fibers to stick to your washing machine’s pipes. The Lint Collector prevents this from happening. It catches the stuff that falls off your clothes while washing and stores in the Lint filter.
Reducing labour can be worth the investment. This Air Dry technology will save you time by reducing the amount of work that you must do, as clothes come out dry almost 40% faster. Using this technology, LG machine extracts more moisture from the already clean clothes.
If you’ve ever had a rat sneak into your washer, you know that they can make quite the mess. Now there’s a way to keep them from ruining your laundry day - The Rat Away Technology.With a 3MM (metal-coated) rat repellent cover and an odorless formula, Rat Away Technology ensures rodent protection from inside out.
Your laundry routine will become much easier with the Soak Option. Just add your favorite brand of detergent and let your clothes soak for 20 minutes in a concentrated detergent solution. This will remove tough stains like grass and oily stains.
The 360 degree magic wheels allows you to move your washing machine anywhere—from room to room, up or down stairs, and even outside on a terrace or balcony.
Collar Scrubber allows you to wash your collars and cuffs without the need for hand scrubbing and makes the cuffs look cleaner. It is easy to use. This will save you time and some hard efforts. In built lint filter does the job of lint collection efficiently.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- 5 star energy ratings
- Transparent lid cover and durable body
- Stylish and durable, the design will last longer than expected
- High spin speed means fast drying
- Spin Shower feature removes soap residues
- The top cover can be detachable from the machine.
- Drain pipe is just one meter long
Best Semi Automatic washing machine – Buying Guide
For a budget-conscious household looking for a washing machine, a semi-automatic washing machine is the only answer. These washing machines do their job pretty well and need some manual work for the actual washing operation. The look can vary from one model to the next, but what they all offer are convenience and efficiency.
There are so many washing machine designs and models out there that it is hard to make heads or tails of them. We always make sure you don’t settle for anything less than the best. That's why In this guide, we will walk you through what features to consider and which brands and models offer the best value.
Things to consider while buying a semi-automatic washing machine
The first thing you should keep in mind before buying a washing machine is the capability. It mainly depends on two things. The first is the number of members in your home. And the second is your habit of washing clothes. If you are a single individual or have a small family that includes two to three members, then you may want to go for a machine that weighs 6 kg to 7 kg. In case you have a large family of 5 or more members then you need a machine with a capacity of 9kg - 10kg.
2. Built Quality
The best quality of a washing machine is that it allows flexibility and easy switching from percussive to a semi-automatic operation. Look at the materials used to make the drum, agitator, and tub before buying a semi-automatic washing machine. If it is made with low-quality plastic parts.
Also, find out if the plastic used is built with wear-resistant material or not. You can check this by examining the surface of the plastic parts of a washing machine. Also, make sure that the plastic is not lightweight or will break under a little pressure. The dimensions of the washing machine are also important since you should go for one with a compact and neat design.
3. Spin speed
The key to picking the best washing machine is the spin speed. The higher the spin speed, the faster the dryer will dry clothes after washing. A fast spin speed will help to increase the effectiveness of the centrifuge thus it helps to remove more water from the clothes. You should look for a washing machine with a higher spin speed.
As you have observed from our coverage of semi automatic washing machines, the spin speed differs between models. You probably already know that a maximum spin speed of 1400 rpm is the highest available in a semi-automatic washing machine. Furthermore, We also observed that the spin speed varied between 1200 rpm to 1400 rpm in most cases.
4. Single or Double Tub
With the Single tub model, you will not waste space besides, with a single tub one can both use it as a washer and dryer. You will be able to fit it comfortably in any cozy house. The twin tub model has two separate tubs for washing and drying clothes but you have to go through manual effort for shifting the clothes from washer to dryer. Since it consumes more space, you should buy it only if you have enough space in your house or flat.
5. Wash Program Availability
If you are looking for a washing machine that will work with the clothes of your family then you need to be careful about the washing programs it has. You can get three or more wash programs in your machine because Most semi-automatic washing machines offered a maximum of 2 to 3 wash programs based on the fabric or type of clothes being washed. If you want more, then get a washer with more than 3 wash programs, such as the ACEL XL model from Whirlpool which has 5 wash programs
You should consider the number of wash programs before buying a washing machine so that you do not regret your decision later.
6. Pulsator Technology
Pulsator technology generates water waves to wash your clothes thoroughly. The built design of pulsators washing machines may be different between brands, but all of them have the same function which is washing your clothes.
As an example, LG is known to use a Roller Jet pulsator, whereas Samsung series washers are known for its Double Storm pulsator. While Double storm pulsators create friction by constantly varying the water wave for best outputs, LG's center jet pulsators roll the cloths for greater friction leading to better wash quality.
7. Noise level
Different washing machines come in different noise levels known as dB. The sound levels for spinning and washing differ. The lower the dB number, the quieter the appliance is. If your laundry area is located near your bedroom, you may want to get a quieter washing machine that has a lower dB rating (under 60). If you don't mind some background noise with your washing, then a higher dBa (around 70) will not bother you.
Happily Buzzing washing machines is an essential part of any home. It reminds us when the cleaning chores are done. They are very useful for busy people who cannot spend hours remembering one required chore or another. Modern washing machines have buzzers inbuilt; however, if a machine does not have this feature, do not purchase that washing machine.
9. Protected Rat Mesh
Protected Rat Mesh protects the washing machine from rat damage. It is a kind of mesh panel which is fitted in the bottom of your washing machine for protecting it. The unique part of this sheet is that it has a repellent chemical for rats keeping any unwanted rodents out of your machine.
10. Energy Efficiency
BEE star ratings determine how energy efficient a washing machine is. The energy efficiency of a washing machine may range from 1 to 5 stars. The higher the rating of a washing machine, the more energy-efficient it is. You should always choose a washing machine with 5-star energy ratings.
When you are purchasing a semi-automatic washing machine, you need to check the brand before buying anything. There are plenty of different brands out there and all of them have their own benefits and drawbacks. You can check out online for different brands and their review. It is always better to buy from a well-known brand with a good reputation. You can also consider getting an extended warranty so that you are completely safe.
It is always good to consider the price while buying a washing machine and it is one of the most important factors that you should look at. Most semi-automatic washing machines fall under the price bracket of INR 7000 to INR 15000 in India. One good thing about these machines that you do not have to spend on the installation of these machines as they do not require installations.
If you want the latest features then go for newer models with more features that are usually costlier, but are worth spending money upon.
Advantages of semi-automatic washing machine
The semi-automatic washing machine has four distinct advantages:
- These machines utilize much less water. You can decide how much water to use as they do not require a continuous water supply
- Their lightness makes it easy to move them from one room to another. The caster wheels on it increase its mobility and play an important part in smaller kitchens where space is limited.
- With semi-automatic machines, you can keep adding laundry during the wash cycle. Other machines make you wait for the cycle to end to add more clothes.
- Semi-automatic washing machines are less expensive and their price range between 8000 and 15000 INR.
- Semi-automatic washing machines have faster wash cycles than the fully-automatic ones which makes washing of clothes quicker.
- There is no need to install them prior to using them because they are ready to use straight from the box.
Disadvantages of semi-automatic washing machine
- Semi automatic washing machines need you to transfer the washed clothes manually to the spin tub which require human effort, but fully automatic machines can load the clothes once and leave the rest up to the machine.
- These types of washing machine are a little rough on fabrics and can damage clothes. And you shouldn't use them to wash delicate clothes.
- When you transfer the clothes from one tub to the other, it is important to switch off the power to avoid electric shock.
- Semiautomatics have simple knobs, however, they need to be set specifically to wash one type of clothing. On the other hand, full automatics can handle everything from wash program to spin speed using built-in sensors
- Semi-automatic washing machines have scrubbers in them that scrubbing the stains with the pre-wash step. This method is useful for more difficult stains but it requires manual effort.
FAQ on Best Semi-automatic washing machine in India
1. Does a semi-automatic washing machine leave tough stains on clothes?
Generally speaking, it will remove tough stains with ease, but it can sometimes depend on how well you pre-wash your clothes. Most semi-automatic machines include an in-built scrubber. To scrub out the stains, make full use of the scrubbers before putting them in the wash tub.
2. I’ve noticed that my washing machine makes an unusual noise sometimes. Is this normal?
This is a common problem with semi automatic washing machines, especially the old ones. The shaking or noises in your machine are caused by vibrations of some loose parts inside. This may not be a serious problem but still you should check which part is causing the noise first before calling for a repairman.
You may have a coin or other debris in the impeller. If we shake the vacuum and there's still noise, something is stuck in the bearings. To find out, run some water in the tub and run the agitator with your hand while you listen. If you don't hear anything, it's likely that a coin is stuck in the impeller.
The bearing has grease inside to keep it from making noise or wearing down too quickly. It is possible that this grease has dried up and needs to be replaced.
3. When should you buy a semi-automatic washing machine?
If you're on a budget, don't have running water near your laundry area, and are happy to roll up your sleeves and handle some of the laundry work manually, a semi-automatic is definitely the perfect choice for you.
4. Which brand semi-automatic washing machine is best?
All of our listed brands are the best in the business, and it is hard to choose! We do have our personal preference though, and that would be either LG or Samsung.
5. How efficient are the belt-driven motors on semi-automatic machines?
Belt-drive washing machine motors are simple and reliable. This makes it the most affordable motor to use. However, they tend to create more vibration and noise.
6. What is fuzzy logic feature, and does it work in the semi-automatic washing machine?
Fuzzy Logic technology checks for the amount of dirt on your clothes, how much soap and water to use, and how fast to spin. This feature is only available in fully automatic washing machines.
7. Can you improve its efficiency by introducing pre-heated water in semi-automatic washers?
Pre-heat warm water for the best results when washing clothes. It make your clothes come clean because warmer water takes less time to complete the washing cycle.
8. Which is the best washing machine semi automatic or fully automatic?
Semi-automatic machines are very convenient if your budget is low. As the name suggests, a semi-automatic washing machine does not operate fully. It requires a good deal of manual input from you. When you have no tap water and a low budget, a semi-automatic washing machine is just what the doctor ordered.
In both cases, it's an excellent way to save money. Fully automatic machines tend to be very expensive because they don't need manual intervention. They use sensors for every task.
We have just seen the list of the best semi automatic washing machine along with their advantages and disadvantages. We hope this will help you choose the right product for you.
So, Which Is The Best Semi-Automatic Washing Machine ? The three products that are on top of our list are LG DLEX8000DC, Samsung WW80J5410EW and Maytag MAH5500AWW. All these products are great in their own ways with some cons and some pros.
If you have any queries regarding the selection of the washing machine, you can post them in the comments section below. We’ll definitely try to answer them.
Nitesh is a Mechanical Engineer passed out from KIIT, Odisha. He has a particular interest in HVAC, Electrical and plumbing systems. He enjoys studying new technology in electronics and appliances. With a strong background in Engineering, He constantly reviews products that attract his interest.